Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Finish #5 for May

I'm really proud of the progress I've made this month finishing some of my old UFOs/ WISPs.

Wednesday and Thursday I got to work quilting this 2006 BOM from The Golden Thimble that I finished piecing Dec 31 of that year. It was called "There's No Place Like Home". I still need to measure, but it's sofa size more or less. I just finished putting the last stitch in the binding and have thrown it in the washing machine. But I snapped a couple of quick pictures first.


I can't say I'm a big fan of blocks this big. These are 14". But I do like samplers and I do like 30's repros. In fact 3 of the last 4 quilts I've finished have been 30's fabrics.



You can see close up pics of the blocks as I made them here.


Now it's time to shape a couple of sourdough loaves and get them baked after rising. My two cousins from Iowa should be pulling into the drive in the next hour or two. So I'll probably be scarce for a few days while we enjoy each other's company.


Happy weekend everyone.



7 comments:

Donna said...

That is very pretty, Mary. I remember when you were doing those blocks.

Barb said...

That is very pretty, you do awesome work...I love each quilt you put up..

Sunna Reyr said...

I'm thinking you will make me over as a sampler fan with all those great sampler quilts you show here.

Jacquie said...

I think I like the big blocks for something different. It's very pretty I think you did a great job on it.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh that turned out nice! I think I have half of the blocks around here... started the BOM, then had to move and never got back to it. :-/
And Gary Sinese~ how cool!! :)

Have a happy weekend Mary!

Crispy said...

Cute quilt Mary, congradulations on getting a UFO finished!!

Crispy

Anonymous said...

It's pretty and would look great on a wall. My first larger quilt was a sampler BOM. They are good projects for beginners and also for quilt shops to get new quilters interested and for repeat business. I haven't made a sampler for a long time.