Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fantastic Lotion

Okay..this has absolutely nothing to do with quilting.........except that my friend, Jan, from quilt guild shared this terrific stuff with me. I've been wanting to share it with everyone since!

Getting up there in years and also having compromised circulation due to my respiratory problems, equates to having dry skin. I've struggled for a long time trying to find a body lotion that worked and also didn't have such an overwhelming scent that I got a migraine. I will never use anything else now. This stuff is wonderful for your feet, back, arms & legs, everywhere!


Go to your local Dollar Store and purchase the following:




2-- 15 oz. baby lotion
2-- 8 oz. Vitamin E cream
1-- 7.7 oz. petroleum jelly

Mix in glass bowl with electric mixer until mixed well and no lumps.

That's it! You will end up with about 56 oz. of hand and body lotion. I save the jars that the Vitamin E creme comes in. Of course it takes awhile to build up a supply of them so I also use empty butter bowls (hey, they work). You can also purchase pretty containers and fill them for a really nice gift. Be sure and include the recipe when you pass some along to friends. If you don't, I guarantee most will ask for it.

I slather my whole body with this stuff and can't believe the difference it has made. Actually I get my husband to do the slathering and he says not only can you feel the difference in my skin but it's visible as well. My feet are soft, my back doesn't itch and I love the way my skin feels now.
And another great thing is how economical it is to make. One batch made with the ingredients shown above cost $7 with tax......for 56 oz. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This is one of the best gifts any friend has ever given me. Thanks again, Jan!

Edited to say:  I no longer use a mixer but just mix the stuff up in a big bowl with my hands.  Works just as good and one less thing to wash (the beaters).



8 comments:

Crispy said...

I'm going to have to try this. My skin gets soooo dry in the winter and my hands are always dry. I bookmarked this post so I can mix it up when I get home.

Crispy

Barb said...

I will have to try tha when I get home....thanks for the tip.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I was all set to make this and searched the dollar stores for the ingredients... we don't have DGeneral, and no one else had the E cream. I'm not giving up! Will search more this weekend. Even my Dr tells me I have 'weird' skin. ;-)

Canarella said...

Mary Im off to the store I think I will add some smelly oil stuff to it? Thank you and greazt mothers day pictz...god bless lani

Myra said...

I am going to have to try this one out! That's for sure!!!
Thanks! 8-)

Myra said...

I didn't think to ask this yesterday... With the Petroleum Jelly, does it end up being kind of greasy once rubbed in?

Mary L. said...

I don't find it so. I've had maybe one or two people say it's too greasy for them. But far more people absolutely love it when they try it. And you could cut back on the amount of petroleum jelly if you find it too greasy for you.

em's scrapbag said...

This is such a great idea. I'm going to have to try it.