Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Close Only Works in Horseshoes & Hand Grenades

I spent yesterday and today quilting another top from my stack. Finished about 4:30 and promptly cut out the binding hoping to work on the final hand stitching tonight while I watched Idol and some other shows.


Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............I am short about 8" . It's fabric I know I picked up at Wal-mart some time ago. Even made a trip there just before supper hoping against hope I'd see they had some. No such luck.







All I need is a strip 2 1/4" by about 8-10". Let's say 2 1/5" X 15 for good measure. If any one of your have this fabric and would be willing to part with that much, I'd happily pay for the fabric and postage. Just send me an email.



I have a couple other options...since I haven't yet trimmed the bias joins, I might be able to sew the pieces end to end and maybe just squeak by with enough. I don't like doing the seams that way, but if I have to..................... Or ......I might angle the corners the way I did on Imperial Gardens. That would probably shorten the amount of binding needed by enough. I did it in Imperial Gardens because I didn't have enough fabric to miter the outer border. Now I'm short on binding. I don't like this trend at all!




I know there are other fabrics out there..but nothing else seems to look right.




4 comments:

Crispy said...

Oh Mary I feel for you. Nothing is more frustrating than being short of the fabric you REALLY want to use and it's always one that you bought several years ago.

Crispy

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh Mary, I feel your frustration too! Sorry I don't have your fabric, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! ;-)

Donna said...

So have you come to some decision about what to do, Mary? I agree, running out of fabric is so frustrating.

Sunna Reyr said...

I had bin unhappy with my "bulky"
2 1/4 bindings for some time when I read on Finns blog about how she only uses 1.5" strips. I've done that on three quilts now and am much happier. Plus, it saves fabric but I still get double fabric over and under the edge.

Congratulation on you granddaughter.