Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Parade of Flimsies

Our living room floor was filled this afternoon with five more little tops pieced from fabrics I pulled from my juvenile and bright prints. 



Tom pieced the rail fence blocks for this top and I joined them into rows and added the borders today.  The colors don't show correctly in this photo.  The outer border is light green with pink roses and the dark rail is a dark green with pink roses.  I'll do better with a picture after it is quilted.

I showed this top a day or two ago but it wasn't a very good picture.


After piecing that top I still had more of the Dalmatian fabric so I put together this little top today.

I still have all those HSTS from this fabric as well.  They may go into my triangle stash for projects like the Exploding Star.

I pieced this top yesterday using three fat quarters with cute little red cows, pigs and chickens.  Again, I'll get a better pic after it is quilted.

And finally this afternoon I made a couple more blocks and switched them out for some I just didn't really like in this top.
Then I added the Volkswagen borders. 

I think we've done pretty good this week, don't you?  Now to get them all quilted.

Forgot to add that the last little quilt I finished earlier this week went out the door already.  I found out that the 2 1/2 year sibling of the baby born today had attached herself pretty firmly to the quilt we gave them last week.  Didn't seem right to me that she should not only have to give up half of her parent's attention but also give up a blankie that she had fallen in love with.  So we gave them the quilt we finished last weekend for the baby and she can keep the first one.  That's what we made them for ...to wrap little ones with love.

6 comments:

Jacquie said...

What a wonderful ministry. Bless YOUR hearts!

Crispy said...

Wow you have been sewing up a storm. It's so cute that the blankie for the baby got hyjacked by the older sister but now the baby is covered too :0)

Crispy

Donna said...

Great job! You really have accomplished a lot!

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Hi Mary..loved the parade.. how have you been? beautiful quilts as always...

Micki said...

The eye candy was amazing!
Micki

Teaquilts said...

Mary great job with the tops. Letting the 2-1/2 year old sibbling keep the previous quilt was just precious.