Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Twizzler

Well, it was an interesting verdict, to say the least, but I'm not going to discuss that.

I made it through the dreaded block.

This  is what Twizzler looks like in the book


Lots of little areas..TINY little shapes.  The worst, and what always makes me dread this block is the little indentations in the middle of the "twizzly" shapes.  With something that small to begin with (remember these are 4" finished blocks) making that shape just isn't easy, at least I don't find it so.

This was my block for Dutch Treat #1

Some of them look okay, others are really wonky.  And the most important thing..I DID NOT enjoy making it.

Here is the block from #2 Dutch Gold

Maybe a tad bit better, but I still DID NOT enjoy making the block.

So this time I decided it was time for a change and I just made them as pure ovals (for lack of a better word)

They still aren't perfect, but the process of making the block was much more enjoyable and kind of fun watching the colors come out.  It still took me most of the day to make. 

Whew..I'm glad it's done.  13 more to go.

We're off to Joplin for a doctor's appointment this afternoon. It will be the first time since the tornado.  I'm really not looking forward to it.



5 comments:

Barb said...

You just amaze me....

Terri in BC said...

I like it with your change to the ovals. One of these days I'm going to have to find the pattern and do one of these quilts(even though it scares the beejezzus out of me!)

Crispy said...

WTG Mary!!! I'm glad you made the change so it was more enjoyable for you. You could rename the block to Propeller :0)

Crispy

Anonymous said...

I also like the ovals better - wonderful job.

Lynette said...

good call on going with ovals with the busier fabric. It looks terrific!