Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Row 7--Halfway!

I think I've said before that my least favorite quilting related job is basting.  I'm going to correct that and say it is sewing backings.  I spent several days this week doing that for 6 quilt tops that have been waiting to be quilted far too long. A fellow guild member is going to baste them for me on her long arm.  That's a good thing, but I'll tell you, I hope I don't have to piece another back for awhile! 

In the evenings I've been plugging away on the Dutch Treat blocks and have reached the halfway point..at least halfway through the 196 blocks.  I'll still have border to applique but that is way down the road.

  Kaleidoscope

King Arthur

Kiwi

Lace

Lattice

Lily

Lizard

Logo

Lotus

Love Grows

Row 7

Rows 1-7

Have a good weekend!














8 comments:

Yvette said...

WOW!!! That is growing so fast. Just gorgeous!!!!

Great idea to have your quilts basted on a longarm.

Geta Grama said...

I don't piece backings. I use wide fabrics.

Crispy said...

I've switched to wide backs too, no extra seams to quilt through is OK in my book :0) The blocks are great and at the rate you are going the borders will be upon you in no time LOL.

Crispy

Annette said...

Wow! You are making great progress!

Anonymous said...

After doing such intricate work, I'm sure it's mostly boredom that turns you against doing routine work like piecing backings.

Linda V said...

These blocks/colors are wonderful!!

Lynette said...

Backings drive me nuts, too!! (Although I love the result when I piece them, I hate doing them. Maybe I need to adjust my emotional approach - if I'm piecing them, that's just like making another quilt, right? hmm. I'll think about it.)

Love the King Arthur block.

Feel like linking this post up to the latest BOMs Away? I think folks like seeing your blocks even though they're not a specific "BOM".

http://whatahootquilts.blogspot.com/2011/06/boms-away-monday-4.html

Donna said...

I agree, Mary. I do not enjoy getting the backings ready either. It's just a chore. I feel like I really need to use fabric I have, so it usually involves some piecing. Your blocks are looking great.