Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Our Joplin Quilt Guild

You may have noticed I removed my post about our Joplin Town & Country Quilt Guild and the loss of community quilt resources.  The response has been so touching and I thank those of you who contacted me.  Not surprisingly things are a bit confusing in the tornado's aftermath and after I posted I discovered that some of the items might have been stored elsewhere and saved.  It sounds as if we did lose all the community quilts made for this year but maybe not all the supplies to make more.  We'll know more in the days ahead.

So for now I ask that those of you who feel called to contribute to tornado relief consider donating to the Joplin Red Cross or any of the other organizations readily found online.  Here is a link to one list.

Quilters are such giving, caring people and I thank you once again for your concerns and prayers for Joplin.

Bless you all.





No comments: