Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Playing Catch-up

We returned home last evening.  I had internet access for 4 of the 7 days we were gone, so I was at least able to keep up with email.  But sifting through even 3 days of accumulated mail plus snail mail, at least scanning a few blogs, etc. has taken most of today.  It was good to spend some time with our son and his wife  and some other relatives, though the reason for the trip was sad.

So now it's catch-up time.  Hard to believe it is already May and I have only one completed project to my name.  Egads....that has never happened since I started quilting. 

I was able to get some Dutch Treat blocks completed during the rides up and back, and a few some of the evenings in the motel.   I've finished row 3, but don't have them sewn together yet.  For now here are the blocks.

Coat of Arms

Cocoon

Conception

Cookie

Cottage

Court Jester

Courtyard

Coyote (I've never figured out how a coyote made it's way into a Dutch inspired quilt!)


These are definitely "treats" watching how the colors get distributed in each block.



6 comments:

Yvette said...

WOW! You didn't mess around. I love them all but especially the Coyote.

Cheryl said...

Being from Arizona, I love the howling Coyote! Very productive drive.

Sheila said...

Love your newest blocks. I love the way the fabric makes the blocks so special. Can't wait to see the completed quilt. Have a great week!

Crispy said...

Welcome Home Mary!! You did manage to get a bit of stitching in. Do you have a small UFO that needs a quick finish? Maybe that way you will have a feeling of getting something done :0)

Crispy

Joan said...

Wow - those blocks are intriguing :) Great colour combinations.

Anonymous said...

I love the cottage block.