Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Town & Country Quilters Guild Show 2011

It's been a busy weekend.  The Joplin Town and Country Quilt Guild Biennial show has been this weekend.  Tom and I worked Friday afternoon and I also took lots of pictures.  There were some beautiful quilts entered.  I am always so amazed by the creativity and talent that existss within the quilting world.  I'm glad I'm not a judge because often it is so hard to pick winners within categories.

Best of Show went to Cathy Wortarek for this amazing quilt


The workmanship was simply perfect!   Look at this closeup showing the cord which was rick rack couched in place


I was  thrilled that both of my Dutch Treat quilts received blue ribbons.  They were in the same category and the judge asked to be allowed to give two blues since she couldn't choose one over the other.  Made my day!  I also received two other blue ribbons and a third place. 


Today when we stopped back at the Joplin show after our trip down to AR, a lady came up to me and said "I just love your quilt".  I asked which one, and she replied "the butterscotch one".  I'd never thought of the color of Dutch Treat #2 that way, but she is right..it looks like butterscotch!  No wonder I liked the fabric so much.

I've given up trying to fight blogger and post slideshows directly to my blog.  So to view most of the quilts in the show (106 entries total) please click here.

Today we drove down to Bentonville, AR to see Tomorrow's Heirlooms XIII Quilt Show by the Q.U.I.L.T.  ((Quilters United in Learning Together)Guild of NW Arkansas.  There were over 350 quilts and they were wonderful!  I again took lots of pictures (though not all 350).  I'll try to get them uploaded and share with you in the next few days.

I also started something new yesterday.  Any guesses what?

Hope you enjoy the slideshow.






6 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Congrats on your ribbons. That's wonderful news. Sounds like a fun show.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm sorry I am missing the Bentonville show I did see one that the guild put on several years back and it was delightful to say the least! Maybe next time.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Barb said...

That is so awesome about your butterscotch quilt...and your othe wins.....

Another dutch treat?

Crispy said...

Congrats on the blue ribbons!! It would be hard to just pick one of the DT quilts.

Hmmmm maybe Barb's guess is correct?

Crispy

Teaquilts said...

Congratulations on the wins and I know you are working on another DT quilt...lol. Okay, let us see the fabric/s.

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on your blue ribbons!!