Remember how I was in the process of straightening up my stash and incorporating the new fabrics given to me by a friend? And I got sidetracked when I found a bag of Christmas fabric strips and decided to make some log cabin blocks
I cut and pieced and used every little bit I had . Ended up adding a few strips of a a couple fabrics I thought would blend in and not be noticed to get these many blocks made.
So today I decided it was time to add borders and get this quilted (it's way past time for a finish in 2011).
The blocks are 40" square, so I cut five inch border strips to make a nice size for a lap quilt or even a table topper. I had 2 of the strips when I happened to glance down at one of the bottom shelves of my stash. And I saw a corner of a zip lock bag that looked suspiciously familiar. Pulled it out and ....
Oops..... apparently I filled two baggies with strips that day! So not only would I not have needed to scrounge for a way to finish about the last 5 blocks, but I could have made at least a twin size quilt.
But the borders are cut and 2 are sewn on. I have enough of the border fabric to use for a back too and it works perfectly with the blocks.
It's actually flowers, but it looks like snowballs with a bit of distance and the color is perfect. I wouldn't have enough to back a bigger quilt.
So I guess there is another little scrap quilt in the future from these strips. And maybe I'll finish straightening up my stash!