Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Three Down and Four To Go

I finished three Dear Jane blocks yesterday, which means I've made six this week and now only have FOUR left!  That's more progress than I've made in over a year. Just needed Tea to crack that whip over me I guess!

They aren't perfect of course, but they are close enough for me.

M-4 Stepping Stones  Paper and regular piecing.



H-3 Berry Baskets  Paper and regular piecing.



C-7 Megan's Mountain Laurel.  This puppy has 44 pieces and is one of the ones I have dreaded.  It actually wasn't so much hard as just tedious because of all the tiny pieces.  I used paper piecing for the center and reverse applique for the diamonds in the corners.  I think if I ever did another I might just go for reverse applique for all the diamonds and forget about paper piecing.



Also three more Dutch Treat blocks, 2 Thursday evening and one last night.


Heart



Highway



Hurricane



Happy Saturday to you all!


5 comments:

Karen said...

With your increased pace, you will have Dear Jane done and on to something else!

Crispy said...

Oooo lovely blocks Mary!! Are you going to do the tris too?

Crispy

Teaquilts said...

GREAT JOB! I'm so proud of you. You are averaging more than one DJ block per day, and you still managed to work on the dutch treat blocks.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are moving right along - do you need to make the triangles for the quilt too?
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Lee Prairie Designs said...

I would have to say you are going at a great clip!! These are not easy designs so---pat your self on the back!!! Carolyn