Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

And Two More!

I'd already finished one more Dear Jane block this morning when my friend, Tea, cracked the whip and challenged  me to finish all of the remaining 9 blocks in a week.  Not making any promises but I did get a second one done this afternoon before calling it a day.

M-3 Fireweed Flower used some paper piecing and reverse applique.


L-12 Sally's Pride was rotary cut and machine pieced with the little triangles appliqued on.


I was working on my second Dutch Treat block for the evening when a tornado warning was issued for our area and I high-tailed it over to our neighbor's basement.  All is well now but I'll wait until tomorrow to scan the DT blocks for posting.

Hopefully the weather will behave now.


7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you can do it Mary! it will be good to get done with them won't it.
Karen
http://www.nps.gov/fola/index.htm

Crispy said...

LOL, it's a good thing that blogger buddies crack the whip!! Great blocks Mary.

Glad you are ok after the warning....scary when that siren goes off.

Crispy

Teaquilts said...

Great job! I made M-3 one of my last blocks too. I'm counting...

Annelies said...

Your blocks are beautiful !

Lynn said...

You will make the deadline I am sure. So far this week we have not had any stormy weather here in Nebraska. We could use a little more rain though so we don't have to start irrigating the crops.

Jacquie said...

Love the blocks and happy that the tornado warning was only a warning!

Donna said...

I'm behind on checking blogs, Mary. Your blocks are looking great. I hope the tornado warnings have stopped.