Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Mission San Juan Capistrano

I finished Block Nine of Lyn Brown's California  inspired Baltimore Album.  This one is the Mission at San Juan Capistrano.

This one was particularly challenging for me as I've been struggling with an infection in my right hand since pricking it on a rose bush four weeks ago.  The first antibiotic took the initial swelling down and almost eliminated the pain. Then it got worse once I was off the antibiotic.  I had too much going on to go back to the doctor so waited until last Wednesday when I already had an appointment.  That resulted in antibiotic number two.  Follow-up appointment today and not only is it not getting better, but it is hurting more all the time.  So tomorrow I see an orthopedist and see what he recommends.  Apparently I've picked up a nasty bug that is resistant.    I'm disappointed that I haven't been able to keep up the pace with my Dutch Treat blocks but am happy that I did manage to get 30 blocks done  this month, even with a swollen hand. 

Here are the first nine block's of Lynn's BOM.  Only three more to go.


5 comments:

Teaquilts said...

Mary, sorry your hand is still bothering you. I wonder if you will need some kind of steroid. I love your Baltimore blocks. You are doing a great job. I saw today that Lyn linked to your blog a few blocks back in a post. Congratulations on keeping up with the project.

Barb said...

love what you are doing...

esquiltingpassion said...

Mary your blocks are beautiful, I can't believe you could applique with a sore finger. Take care.
Elaine

Crispy said...

Beautiful block Mary. I hope they can get that infection taken care of quickly!!

Crispy

Donna said...

The blocks are beautiful, Mary!