Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dinah's Delight Mystery Solved!

My friend, Cynthia, at Iowa Star Quilts has posted the solution to her current mystery.  You can find all of the steps and the solution here.  Now that she has done so, I can share some pictures of my unquilted top that I pieced before the end of the year when I was testing her pattern for her. 




I added a pieced border or background strips in various sizes to make mine a little larger




I love the way this turned out.  And I love using scrappy background fabric.  It may look a little odd right now with the darker background pieces here and there, but once it is quilted it will blend more and I think it gives a real visual depth to the quilt. 

I used the same range of background colors for Cynthia's previous mystery, "Fractured Star" (which Tom named "Mack The Knife".


Now I need to get busy and get Dinah's Delight quilted, don't I?

4 comments:

Teaquilts said...

Thanks Mary for keeping us updated about the mystery. I didn't work on it at time did not permit, but your quilt and the pattern is good scrap buster.

Barb said...

what a wonderful quilt...you always do such precise work...

Donna said...

That's turned out wonderfully! I love the scrappiness.

DeAnna said...

Looks great. I love the use of scraps. All the colors really look good together. Can't wait to see it quilted.