Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Part 2

A complete and wonderful surprise last Saturday afternoon. Guess who rang the doorbell....oldest son Mike and his wife Lindy, who you all know is in the Army stationed at Ft. Huachuca, AZ. It had been 2 years since we'd seen them. We'd planned to visit them over Thanksgiving and had to cancel due to my bout with H1N1.

Unknown to us they traveled first to Iowa and spent several days with Mike's dad and other family. Sunday afternoon, middle son Mark and his wife, Stephanie, were able to come over for a few hours. That meant two sons out of the three here for awhile.


If you are lucky enough to have all of your children living near you and able to visit often, treasure that gift! With Mike in the Army for 29 years now and Mark in the Army for 7 of those years, and now with three sons living in three different states, none of them the state I live in...well times when we can gather at the same time are few and far between. Even worse we have our five grandchildren living in four different states.

So, why am I so bad at remembering to get a camera out and take pictures? No one did that Sunday night. I guess I'm always too busy enjoying the moment and don't think of pictures until it's over and then "I wish.......". Dang!

Did get the camera out last night.



I guess here I was praying "let me remember to take more pictures in 2010"!

Today Mike and Lindy are headed back to Arizona.

And great-grandson, Jeramiah turns 6! Happy Birthday, Jeramiah!!


And Happy New Year to all my blogland friends. May 2010 be filled with good health, good time with family and friends and peace.

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Happy New Year Mary and glad you were able to have a visit with your son.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Geta Grama said...

Glad you spent wonderful time with your son.
Happy New Year!

Barb said...

How fun for you Mary....what a wonderful surprise.

Jacquie said...

I am so happy for you - having our kids home is the best present we could get. I loved the pictures!

Micki said...

What a wonderful surprise and so glad that you had a lovely holiday!
Micki

Crispy said...

What a wonderful surprise Mary!! Happy New Year to you too :0)

Crispy

Susan said...

Happy new year to you too, Mary!