Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Inspiration

Now I should be....

1) finishing the 16 remaining blocks for the center of my Dear Jane quilt

2) working on more of the 40 remaining blocks of my Dutch Treat quilt

3) Making more blocks for my "Flowers For..............." quilt (still not telling who or what)

4) Quilting any of the dozen or more WISPs that still reside on my sidebar.

5) Cleaning my sewing room (the sounds the least fun of all the choices!)



Instead my mind is wandering and I'm drooling over the possibilities of what I can do with these two fabrics:


I spotted this fabric last weekend at JoAnn's in Joplin. It reminded me in many ways of the border fabric I used for my One Block Wonder quilt, Imperial Gardens. I thought it was another great candidate for Stack and Whack..traditional or OBW style. They only had 4 yards last Friday. So I took Tom back with me on Sunday and he agreed it had definite possibilities so we special ordered a bolt of it..which is only 8 yards at JoAnn's. We drove over today to pick it up.

What do you think??????

And then I looked again at this fabric. Tom bought it for me 4 years ago to use as the backing for the Sukiyaki quilt I finished last night. Just recently I found some other fabric I thought worked even better and allowed me to save this yummy fabric for the FRONT of some quilt. Now I'm thinking this might really make a great One Block Wonder? Think so?




My problem is seldom being at a loss for inspiration..it's usually having too MUCH........


4 comments:

Crispy said...

Oooo yummy fabrics Mary. I think your plans for them is just perfect. Shoot if you want to work on some new stuff....you have my permission LOL. Your UFO's aren't going anywhere and will be available when the mood strikes.

Crispy

Elaine said...

Hi I just started a blog today and yours is one that I have had favorited on google. Now I plan to be a follower. I really like your quilts. They give me inspiration. I do copy (although not totally) and I may copy ideas from you. The fabrics you like are yummy. Can't wait to see what you do with them.
I think your site will be an example to me to help me get my blogspot going. Thanks Elaine

Geta Grama said...

I love the second fabric ! I think a OBW quilt will look great !

Donna said...

I'm sure you'll do something wonderful with the first fabric, but that second fabric just makes me drool! It is beautiful!