Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

Saturday Goodies

Lots of fun stuff to share this morning.

I've been wanting a Featherweight for some time. Much as I love piecing on my Juki, it's really, really heavy to haul to workshops. And I'm hooked on piecing on straight stitch only machines. Someone once told me that if you want a perfect straight stitch you need a straight stitch only machine and I agree completely.

So I just happened to take a look on EBay last Saturday and found a nice little Featherweight born in 1947/8 with a price that was right. It came to live at my house yesterday. I need to get a light bulb for it and the belt could stand to be replaced, but it sews beautifully! I think we will be spending some quality times together.

The only problem with reading other people's blogs is that even when you aren't wanting to, you can't help finding more projects that call your name. I found a couple more free BOM's in the last few days that are too cute to ignore.

I don't know when I'll get around to actually making this, but I'll definitely be downloading the patterns for this quilting calendar from Ellie. By the time I'm ready to do it I might decide whether I want to applique or embroider. Either would be too cute!

And another from Gail is also something I have to save and put high on my to-do list.

There is so much creativity in the quilting world and it is only surpassed by the generosity of those who share their great ideas with us. Thank you!!!

I have to share this touching video link I received yesterday from a friend. You have to sit through a very short commercial for a CBS show, but do that and then the real news story will play. Warning: grab your Kleenex before viewing.


Watch CBS Videos Online


My final share for the morning....two more Dutch Treat blocks finished last night.



Violets

Star Fruit
Only two more to go and I'm at 100 blocks! Yeah!!!!!!!

Hope you are having a quilty weekend.




No comments: