Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls

I've had several requests for the recipe for the cinnamon rolls so thought I'd just go ahead and share it here.

OVERNIGHT CINNAMON ROLLS

1 1/2 cup warm milk
1 1/4 cup warm water
1 pkg. dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
10-12 cups flour or enough to make a soft dough
butter or margarine, softened
cinnamon
brown sugar

Warm milk and combine with 1 1/4 cup warm water. Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water. Combine eggs, sugar, salt and oil; add to milk and water mixture, then add yeast mixture. Using an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, add flour a little at a time, until stiff dough is formed.

Mix dough together at 5:00 P.M. Let stand in a greased bowl until 10:00 P.M. Cut dough in half; roll each half into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick and spread with softened butter or margarine. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon and brown sugar. Roll up from long end; cut into 1-inch slices. Place in greased pans until morning. DO NOT COVER OR REFRIGERATE! In the morning, bake rolls 10-13 minutes in 350ยบ oven.

Drizzle with powdered sugar icing, if desired, after removing from oven. I use strong coffee and half and half to thin my icing. Makes about 3 dozen large rolls.

( I usually punch the dough down a time or two or three between 5:00 and 10:00 p.m. as needed.)
I also usually only make a half of a batch..you can easily get 18 large rolls.



Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Teaquilts said...

Mary thanks for the recipe. I'll try it next time I'm expecting comapny.

Donna said...

There's no way to beat good cinnamon rolls, in my view!