Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Hexie Quilt is Finished

Three years after starting it, I put the last stitch in the binding of my 1 1/2" hexie quilt on Saturday. I still haven't settled on a name for it.

 It may be the last big quilt I try to quilt myself on my Juki.  Handling a quilt this size has just become  too difficult for me.  All that moving around of the arms is hard when you have breathing problems like I do.  Because of all the seams it is a very heavy quilt.  I used a wool batting so that helped a little, but it is still very heavy.

I wish I had better pictures.





I really didn't work on this at all last year.  At least half of it was completed after July of this year, so it's more like a year's worth of work. I will enjoy looking at all the different fabrics that range from vintage pieces from the 1950's through all the quilts I've made.

Wishing you Happy Quilting in the New Year!






6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congratulations on a finish!! beautiful. What kind of thread do you find works best in your Juki?

Linda said...

Mary it is just beautiful!! you did a great job. I can only hope the quilt I'm making is half as nice as yours. You always keep me inspired.
Hope you two have a great new year.

LynCC said...

Hooray! What an accomplishment! Yeah - it's certainly a job hauling a huge quilt around in a tabletop!!

Donna said...

I'm back! Your quilt is lovely, Mary! Congratulations on such a major accomplishment!

Linda said...

Your quilt is lovely. Great job. I know it took a while but it was well worth it. Happy New Year.

Stephie said...

The colours and setting makes me think of stained glass windows, beautiful! (Making me feel guilty though - I've still got my hexie flimsy hanging over the arm of a bedroom chair…just patiently waiting to be finished!)