Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 is Over

Hard to believe how quickly this year has come and gone.  I set my goal of making a quilt for each of my sons, grandchildren and great-grandchildren to be given at Christmas.  12 quilts in all and there were certainly times I didn't think it was going to happen.  I used one quilt that was made in 2011 and made the other 11.  Because my sons live in there different states and quite a distance apart, we only manage to get all of them home for Christmas every two years these days.  That happened this past weekend and the quilts were well received. 

So, since I have nothing new to show, here are some pics of the quilt distribution and the recipients.




                       I hope Miss Aly liked her quilt better than it appears in this picture.

 
Granddaughter Ashley and her husband Steven

 
Great-grand Bryce loved his Thomas the Train quilt

                                                                          Do you think?

 
Granddaughter Caitlin

                                                Great-grand Gabi had hers mailed . It was a hit
 
Son Jeff and his wife, Deb

Great-grand Jeramiah  said he "finally" has a quilt of his own. He actually has three others but Mom either has them put up or was using them as couch quilts. This one goes on his bed.

 
Brother Maison now has one for his bed too (and it's quilt #4 for him as well)


                      Granddaughter Kelley has a big one to take back to Massachusetts
Son Mark and wife Stephanie wanted a new pastel bed quilt.
 

 
Son Mike and wife Lindy wanted a sofa quilt

 
Grandson, Greg, is in Belgium and asked that I keep his until he returns to the states
                     .


                                                     My three guys.  Don't see them often enough!


 Happy New Year!



10 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

Happy New Year to you!

Those quilts represent a lot of work, I am so glad they were well recieved!

Aunt 'Reen said...

I loved seeing all those beautiful family photo's and all those glorious quilts!
What a very special Christmas!
Congratulations on getting all those treasures made for everyone.

Wishing you a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilts! I love the family photos. They all look so happy! Happy New Year!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

well you have certainly been too busy to blog this year!! so glad that your family was able to spend time together over the holidays what a nice present for you. So many quilts - what a lot of love to spread around :) Happy New year

Linda said...

Gosh Mary, I see you're still cranking them out like you used too. They are all really lovely. You and your boys are looking good.

Anonymous said...

Mary, so happy for you that you had all your boys home for Christmas and their families. Your quilts are amazing as always. I only did 3 for Christmas, but, did 6 between January and mid May. Took 3 to the California sisters-in-laws, 1 project graduation, and 2 for the grands (cousins) that graduated. This year I plan on making quilts for me (famous last words). Currently working on Buggy Wheels. A little over my head, have 3 of the 20 blocks completed.

Have a great New Year, and trip to California.

Carolyn.briese@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family and beautiful quilts. I'm sure they will always be treasures to the people who received them.
Lillian

CJ said...

That's quite an undertaking, my hat is off to you! All the quilts are lovely!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely! :)
Greetings from Finlan!
Hugs, Ulla

Pilar Garcia de la Cueva said...

Todos los trabajos son preciosos.
un abrazo.