Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Quilt Show

There is still not a lot of quilting going on at our house so I haven't had anything to post.   This weekend was our guild's annual quilt show and I was asked if I'd be posting pictures to my blog by someone who had forgotten to bring a camera (or had one that wasn't working?).  So for that person and any blog readers who might still be  stopping by (can't expect to keep any readers when you don't blog :} )  here is a link to a slideshow of quilts from the Little Balkan's Quilt Show in Pittsburg, KS

I was delighted to win the Overall Best Quilt award for my Dutch Trade as well as a blue in it's category.  My four other entries garnered two more blue ribbons and two second place ribbons.


Dutch Trade also won a blue ribbon and Grand Champion Quilt at our country fair last month. 


Tomorrow I ship it to Paducah for it's trip to the AQS show in Des Moines next month. 

Hope you enjoy the show:

Little Balkans Quilt Show Pittsburg KS


11 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Delighted to see your post, Mary! Congrat's on your "Blue Ribbon and Grand Champion Quilt"! I'm not surprised, your work is fabulous!

I will be attending the Des Moines quilt show so I will look for your quilt!

:) Carolyn

Cheryl Willis said...

great job! sorry I couldn't run over and see this beauty in person. grandkids are all here this weekend.

Barb said...

So awesome, that is one beautiful quilt!

Sheila said...

What a beautiful quilt. It surely sounds like you are having a wonderful summer. Good luck at Paducah! Have a great week Mary.

Geta Grama said...

Congratulations, Mary. That is a masterpiece so no wonder it received such a appreciation. Good Luck at the Des Moines show. Will you go there ?

Anonymous said...

Good luck in Des Moines with that perfect quilt.
Lillian
lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

*karendianne. said...

How wonderful! This is a stunning quilt I have to say. Wow. What a treat. Best wishes, *karendianne.

Lynette said...

I love this quilt. :) So glad to see it getting great exposure. And congrats on the wonderful ribbons. Don't worry - we'll enjoy you as we get you here in Blog World!

CrochetnQuilt said...

Congratulations!

Maureen said...

What a beautiful quilt! You deserve the ribbons.
Congratulations.
Wish I was closer, would love to be able to attend the quilt show.
Maureen in Kansas

Sunna Reyr said...

This post slipped by me. Not hard as I've not been on blogger for long time.

Congratulation on your quilts, this is no surprise, you do such beautiful work and have so wonderful sense of color.

And thank you for the quilt show, some of the quilts are so awesome, I'm glad and thankful for having had this chance to view them.