Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Five Generations, Times Three

It's hard to believe it's been 2 weeks since I've posted.  Thanks to those who have inquired about my welfare.  I'm fine..it's just been an insanely busy time.  I think all will settle down now.

One of the fun things going on was a visit from my mother and sister who live in Iowa.  They were here for five days and last Sunday we were able to gather together five generations. My mom had yet to meet the newest great-great grandchild and it had been five years since she had seen the other two.  All together we have five, with the other two living on the east coast.


In the picture above are my mother Marie (Iowa), son Mark and granddaughters Ashley and Caitlin (all MO), great-grands Aly, Jeramiah and Maison (all MO) and myself in Kansas. 

And here is Mom and I with the little ones


We are fortunate to be able to enjoy five generations but believe it or not we actually had six living generations at one point in the 1980's! 


Perhaps now I can get back to some quilting.  Quilt show in OK this weekend!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Those will be pictures you and your family will cherish forever....thanks for sharing.

Gmama Jane said...

So glad you enjoyed some quality family time!! I just returned from a family beach vacation...wonderful! BTW, your Baltimore Album Quilt is nothing less than stunning!! You should enter it in a quilt show!!
Stop by soon for a visit at Gmamas stories!
Bootiful Blessings
Gmama Jane
Check out the Ghastlies Blog Hop starting Monday!! That Madame Samm has me hooked into another project!! Check it out!

Lynn said...

Great photo and looks like fun times together.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family and how wonderful that you could all get together.