Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Encore Viewing

Last night I was thrilled to have the opportunity to see some of Nancy Swanwick's beautiful quilts again.  I posted about them last year when she had a private show in Fort Scott.  Nancy has an amazing gift of color and design and I wish every one of you could see her quilts in person.  On top of that, she is the kind of speaker you could listen to for hours.

I didn't take a lot of pictures last night since I took all of them last year.  But  I had to snap one of my favorite quilt



1/2" finished logs!  Unbelievable!!!!


Her "retirement" quilt (she's ending her teaching career this year).  The little blocks inside the school houses are 3".

And a couple with a Civil War feel to them which of course always appeal to me.


The quilt above is the Wild Goose Chase quilt I missed getting a picture of last year.  It's story is told in those posts (link below).


Now that I've whetted your appetite, it would be a good time for you to review the posts from last April and see more of her quilts.  You can view all there of them together here.

Thank you, Nancy for another fantastic show. 


10 comments:

Cheri said...

Hey, Mary, did you see you were a winner over at Fabric Therapy! Congrats!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

half inch logs! wow, well I know it can be done after working in tiny pieces on Dear Jane twice, but a quilt that size in half inch logs is something to treasure.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Annette said...

Thanks for sharing the quilts. I love looking at them...especially the house quilt. Awesome.

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love the school house quilt.

Barb said...

These quilts are amazing, just loved them. I mentioned you in my post today....

Roos said...

I love the housequilt with his little blocks inside.
Unbelievable...
Roos

Crispy said...

I just love going to trunk shows. I'm off to re-visit the older post :0)

Crispy

Rose Marie said...

Two other ladies are coming over to my house this Saturday to work on the school house quilt. It was lovely to see this version!

Me and My Stitches said...

I really love the schoolhouse quilt - is there a pattern? I am way too lazy to make my own!

liz said...

This woman's quilting achievements are truly humbling. Thanks for allowing me to enjoy her.