Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Beyond The Half Way Point

Just a quick report in.  I've been steadily working on Dutch Treat #2 and in four weeks I've finished quilting row 8 of 14, so a little more than half way.


It's still hard to get a picture that actually shows the quilting. With blocks this size and such busy motifs, the quilting is 1/8" or less around each shape and in the ditch of the sashing.  There are times that I am going through six layers of fabric and batting (because of turned under edges with the reverse applique). 

I am still pondering the border for this one.  Part of me loves what I did on Dutch Treat #1 so much I want to do it again


and part of me wants to do something different. I do know I definitely want a scalloped border again.

Our weather has been absolutely gorgeous!  Wish it could stay like this until next April or so.  I wouldn't miss winter at all!  I have red and yellow roses blooming like crazy.

This week is the first chicken and noodle dinner at church.  We do this fundraiser six times a year...Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr.  So I'll be baking pies tomorrow or Wednesday. 

Happy quilting.



11 comments:

Sherry said...

Hi Your doing a great job. Glad to see that you have been busy. I know your always find something to do. I hope you tr something new I love the other edge but can't wait to see what else you will do with this one.

Elaine said...

Maybe you can find another applique design that's similar but would still make it its own quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilt is really looking great.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Karen said...

You are amazingly fast at getting this type quilt done.

Barb said...

Wow, half way...awesome...looks good.

Lynn said...

Great job and what a lot of hand quilting. Those chicken and noodle dinners sound really yummy!

Crispy said...

You can't see the actual quilting but the texture sure shows nicely :0).

I look forward to seeing what you decide for the borders.

Crispy

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Mary, that is beautiful... you are getting it done really fast..

Teaquilts said...

Looking good Mary - are you hand quilting it?

Yvette said...

I can't imagine making one of these yet two. WOW!!! What a talent you have for applique. Just beautiful work.

Donna said...

Your quilting is looking great, and I was glad for another look at the original Dutch Treat. The border is so perfect for it.