Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Entering the Home Stretch

It was a busy weekend around here.  My sister, Judy,  and brother-in-law, Bob, from Iowa visited for a couple of days.



Actually my Bob didn't visit with us as much since he ended up in our local hospital with a 24-hour stomach virus.  At least we think it was that and not my cooking!

Tom had a bit of the bed head going on when this picture was snapped.


Any Red Green fans out there?  Bob looks and sounds so much like him that he convinced co-workers that when he goes on vacation it is to film episodes of the Red Green Show for PBS.

Sunday afternoon we drove to Neosho to celebrate the 5th birthday of great-grandson, Maison.


Grandpa Tom has to try and keep the boys Gorilla Fans despite the fact their mom graduated from Missouri Southern!  Arch rivalry there!!!!

It was amazing watching both boys in their pool....a couple of fishes!



Two siggies received this week from sisters, Boua and Pia in The Netherlands





And more progress on the Dutch Treat front.  Only four more left!!!

#187 Waiting For Life

#188 ?Wall Paper

#189 Water Lily

#190 Wheels On Fire

#191 Windmill

#192 Window






6 comments:

Geta Grama said...

Happy birthday to Maison !

Barb said...

you have such a lovely family.....and that Dutch Treat...it is a treat for me each time I come to your blog.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Sounds like a fun time~ except for the flu bug. :-/ Love your blocks Mary!

Sherry said...

Boy do you and your sister look alike. Happy bday to your grandson. I knew you would have them done by the weekend end. 4 more to do and do we call Sunday this week. Yes so you have 3 more days we know you can do it.

Crispy said...

Wow only 4 more to go!! You probably have them all done by the time I'm reading this LOL. The windmill is another of my favorite blocks in this quilt.

Tom's bed head cracked me up, looks like Bob every morning LOL.

Crispy

Donna said...

I can sure tell that you and your sister are related! The boys are cute, and it's nice you got to see them. The Dutch Treat blocks are coming along quickly (at least that's how it seems to me).