Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

One Hundred Quilts

Getting ready to go help with the take in of quilts for our guild's show over the Labor Day weekend.  It's always exciting to see the range of gorgeous quilts that will be entered.  Each year just gets better and better!

I managed to get another of my flimsies turned into a finished quilt this week, in time to enter in the show.  "Stars in Grandma's Garden" is another quilt I made using what I've come to call the "Grandma block".  It's also called Aunt Vinah's Favorite and several other names.  I started quilting it Tuesday afternoon and even though I did some dense quilting on it, I finished by Thursday noon. Then I got it bound that evening.  It's big enough that we haven't been able to get a good picture of it held up.





Wish I had a good picture of the great texture on this quilt.  It's really cuddly.

The best part of all is that this is my 100th quilt since April 2002 when I began quilting.  This is counting those items I consider "quilts"...one that can be covered up with..ranging from baby quilts to king size (not a lot of those..many queens though).  You can see all 100 in a slideshow link on my sidebar. Quite a variety!  65 of them have been given as gifts.  And 265 other quilted items have been made in that time, including a few really big wallhangings.  Who has time to be bored?

While working on the finish of two quilts in the last week, I also continued working on my Dutch Treat blocks in the even and finished row 11.



#150 Songbird

#151 Southwest

#152 Space Invaders

#153 Spacemen

#154 Spears

#155 Spinning Stars

#156 Spinning Wheels
There are still a lot of "S" blocks!

And one more siggie received this week from Maria in Belgium. She also likes Sunbonnet Sue!


Have a great weekend!



9 comments:

Pat said...

I watched your slideshow. WOW! Your quilts are amazing! I tend to make the same quilt over and over. You've given me some ideas for improving mine. Thank you and congratulations on your 100.

Barb said...

100 quilts, wow...you are amazing and to think that you have not been at this for very long....I truly consider you an expert.

Linda said...

Your quilt is lovely and congrats on the 100 quilt milestone.
I checked out your slideshow and all of your quilts are wonderful! I wouldn't turn any of them down if you wanted to pass along any of them as a gift to me! It looks like all of the recipients were pleased to get their quilts!

Good luck at the show, I hope you win.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congratulations on so many quilts completed - quite an accomplishment!!
What kind of white fabric do you use for your signature blocks? Just ordinary quilters white cotton or a special brand? I'm still figuring out my nieces quilt that she wants signatures on and would like to know which fabric you find best for signatures.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Crispy said...

Oh Mary that is one gorgeous quilt!! I love how it's framed in the darker border, it make the center shine....beautiful!!

Congrats on getting 100 quilts made, I don't think I've come near to that many :0)

Crispy

Sunna Reyr said...

Good for you Mary and congratulation in your 100th quilt. All your quilts are so well and beautifully made. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing the photos from the quilt show.

Micki said...

Congrats on the 100th quilt..what an accomplishment!
Micki

Unknown said...

What a milestone! Congratulations!

arlinda said...

Wow Mary, 100 quilts. And, they are beautiful! I feel so lucky I get to see them up close and in person.