Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dogwoods & Tall Ships

Our one and only dogwood is in full bloom this week and so pretty.



I've spent the last two days working on the latest block for Lyn Brown's Baltimore Album BOM. This week's block is the Tall Ship Pilgrim and it took a little bit of time since I'm doing needleturn on all of these blocks rather than fusing them.



I also used embroidery to indicate the simplified rigging instead of inking as suggested in the pattern.


Seven blocks are now complete and I can't wait to see what the remaining five will be.

You can read the story about the ship Pilgrim on Lyn's site.


6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Lovely - and don't you just love the look of dogwoods. A neighbor some years back planted a pink dogwood and white dogwood together and as it started to grow he twisted the trunks together and now as a mature tree the white and pink are mixed together and look wonderful - I need to do that sometime!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

esquiltingpassion said...

I love spring, it is a new beginning. Your applique is so great. I really enjoy watching your progress. Great job on the ship.
Elaine

Crispy said...

Wow the ship block is beautiful Mary!! I love dog woods, my favorite flowering tree.

Crispy

Lynn said...

Fantastic block - all of them are great and will be so pretty when you get it finished.

Joan said...

Love your quilting - and your photos are great...Am madly trying to catch up just now...but will be back soon..:) Loved your Dutch Treat blocks too ♥

Deb said...

Your blocks looks so awesome Mary!! excellent work on keeping up with this bom..it looks gorgeous!!