Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Block Source

I've had several people ask me about the pattern for the quilt I just finished. At first I couldn't remember where I found the pattern. I knew I had drafted the block to the size I wanted in EQ. I finally figured out I saw the block on Quilter's Cache. It is shown as a 12" block here. My blocks were 8" finished. That means the smallest squares were 1" finished. As you can see on the QC website there are many different ways to set the blocks together.

I'd love to see what some of you come up with if you decide to make a quilt with this block. I may do another one day as I really like the way this one turned out.

Happy quilting and thanks for all the nice comments.

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Great web site Mary. I had fun looking at it all and thinking of what I would like to do. Thanks for sharing.

Crispy said...

I love Marcia's site. I haven't been there for a while, I should go over and see what's new.

Crispy

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I thought I had recognized that block but didn't remember the name of it either. I had the site bookmarked but something happened and it had disappeared, thanks for mentioning it.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Micki said...

Thanks for posting the block...it is a great one.
Micki

Sunna Reyr said...

I like your way to set the blocks better than can be seen on the Cache. I love your quilt, it's so beautifully scrappy. I've copy pasted your lasagna recipe and now I'll have to find a good day to make it. It's always a challenge at my home to make veggie meals as my family are very picky around that kind of food. Sad because I love it.

Thanks for your comment, I'm all done with the blocks for the Fractured Star and am now making the setting triangles. Making this quilt has been so much more fun than I ever expected. Thanks for pointing me in that direction. lol.