Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Y-Seams

Not just one or two..but lots and lots of Y-seams today. I mentioned previously that in 2006 I juggled 13 different BOM's and actually finished at least piecing most of them and quilted several of them.

One of the BOM's I didn't finish then was Lillibet's Garden by Beth Ferrier. She offered it as a free BOM on her site in 2006. It's available now as a booklet and can be ordered on her site.

It's a beautiful quilt, but I still don't know if I'll ever make the whole quilt as it is designed, even though I love applique. For now I decided it was past time that I at least finished making the remainder of the pieced blocks. So I spent all afternoon on the final three. Beth always has some creative ways to make difficult piecing easier. But they still took me longer than I had expected.

This one is called Turkey Tracks
This is Climbing Roses--16 Y-seams!
And this is Goose Tracks--12 Y-seams

The other 5 blocks I pieced in 2006 can be seen here
I'll have to let my thoughts percolate awhile and decide what I want to do with these.

Last but not least..the Dutch Treat block I made last night. It's called Cocoon. I now have 128 of them made.

4 comments:

Barb said...

You do amazing work...

Geta Grama said...

You like to do the hardest work !
I sewn just a few Y-seams but I didn't like at all !

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to see someone is making some of the beautiful blocks which most people put in the too hard basket!
Judy B

Donna said...

The blocks look great, Mary. I started that BOM too, and have one more pieced block to make. I don't know if I'll ever do the rest of the quilt or not. At the time I thought it was absolutely beautiful. I followed Beth's piecing directions, but I wasn't sure that it made it any easier.