Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunshine Sunday

Finally have a few quilty things to show. Thursday I received my first siggie block from Anneliese. Aren't the "Hear No, See No, Speak No Evil" monkies just the cutest? I'm really going to enjoy participating in this swap. I do wish there were more countries represented. So I will encourage anyone reading to visit Anneliese's blog and sign up. And if you don't want to do that but would like to just swap a siggie block with me, please email me and I will happily exchange mailing addresses with you. I'd love to see how many different countries and states I can collect signature blocks from. These are 5" (5 1/2" unfinished) square in a square blocks.



Here's the siggie I'm swapping.

I finished two more Dutch Treat blocks Thursday evening. This one is called Coat of Arms.

And this is called Pea Pod



Friday I decided to quilt the top I pieced last month from the wild and funky fabric squares my daughter-in-law found at an auction. Between Friday and yesterday I managed to get it quilted and bond. It's sofa sized and I did a free hand flower and squiggle that seemed to go with the fabrics. It's definitely wild looking and way outside my normal box. Suppose it's either one of those love it or hate it type things. I'm calling it "Flower Power".



Close up you can see a little of the texture. I used bamboo batting for the second time and I really am liking it.


I pieced the back with a contrasting fabric strip down the center.

The quilting shows up a bit in the center strip.

All that and the sun is shining too! Hope your day is going well.


1 comment:

Annelies said...

Strange to see my siggy on your blog ! I hope you will swap a lot of them using my addresslist.